We are honored that you would like to utilize our content to further promote the principles PragerU follows. Although our focus has been to spread ideas related to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness in the United States, we do have a global audience and these concepts are global in nature.
There are multiple ways for you to promote PragerU videos, most commonly sharing with your family and friends via social networks. However, we often get two specific questions from those who would like to dig a little deeper when it comes to international promotion.
1. How do I translate your videos on YouTube into my own native language?
If you or someone you know would be willing to translate the script of a video into another language, then you would be directly contributing to helping us bring knowledge and clarity to many new groups of people. You can simply go to our YouTube channel, find the video you wish to translate, and begin the process. Some videos have already been translated, however you can edit and improve the current translation should it need some work. Here are the specific steps to take:
1. Navigate to the PragerU YouTube Channel
2. Choose the video you wish to translate, and click on it.
3. Under the video, find the toolbar with icons labeled ‘Add to’
‘Share’ and ‘…more’.
4. Click ‘…more’, then when the pop-up window pops up click on the option labeled ‘Add Translations’
5. Towards the top of the page, you will see the word ‘English,’ with the term ‘Switch Language’ underlined and in blue colored text next to it. Click on ’Switch Language’.
6. When the window pops up in the middle of the page asking which language you would like to switch to, click on the ‘English’ button and then, in the field that pops up, type in the language you would like to translate to. (just type over the sentence that reads ‘Search 185 other languages’)
7. Click the button that reads ‘Set Language’.
8. If someone has already translated the video into your language, you will see the text in the boxes beneath the video in your language. If you wish to change/ improve/ rewrite some of the text, click on the button that reads ‘Edit’ to do so. If no one has translated the video into your language yet, you can either begin typing the translation into the dialogue boxes that are highlighted in the column to the left, or you can click on the ‘Autotranslate’ button and simply edit the text that Google Translate fills the dialogue boxes in with.
9. When finished translating and/or editing, click on the blue button above the video to the right that reads ‘Submit contribution’.
10. You will then see a pop-up window that asks if the subtitles are done. Click either option.
11. Click on the blue ‘Submit’ button.
12. For your viewers to watch your translated version, have them click the CC (closed captioning) on the video.
That’s it! Our technical department will review the submission and publish.
If you think it could help, you can also go to our website to get transcripts to work from—for each video, just click the button beneath the video that says ‘Download Transcript.’
Again, we would like to thank you for your interest in our program. We appreciate your willingness to help, and look forward to your participation should you choose to volunteer your time, talent, and resources to assist us.
2. What if I want to use your scripts and work with you to create original videos in my home language?
We are happy to license you the use of our 5-Minute Video scripts, which you can then translate into your native language in order to create new versions of our videos. There is no payment required, we simply ask that you adhere to the following:
Notate at the beginning of your video “This transcript provided by PragerU.”
Due to legal and tax considerations, please do not represent yourself as an extension of PragerU. For example, please do not name your YouTube channel “PragerU Mexico” if you are in Mexico making Spanish versions of our videos, as you agree that you and PragerU have no official relationship beyond your free license of our transcripts. You may not do business as PragerU and understand that we have no liability for any misrepresentation you may make if you do so.
All transcripts are available for download on each individual 5-Minute Video page (search for “Transcript”) on our website
Of course, let us know when your video is posted!
The vision of making available translated video content for our non-English speaking audience in order to give them an opportunity to gain knowledge and clarity on the topics that we present is important to us, and we thank you for your efforts.