Job Opening: Development Operations Manager
Type: Full time. From the Office. Exempted.
Reports to: Development Officer and CEO
Job Summary: Under administrative direction, manages Development Operations to support cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors. Serves as development operations liaison; supports fundraising special projects, development initiatives, and goal setting. Strong organization skills, writing ability and a personality that thrives in a fast paced environment are key.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
1. GROWTH: Manages the operations side of identification, cultivation, and solicitation of philanthropic support by overseeing projects and responsibilities of development operations team; carries out fundraising priorities in the unit.
- Oversee management of The Benefactors Club (BC) $5000+ and Micha Club (MC)10k+ annual gifts
- Oversee recordkeeping of memberships and acknowledgements
- Provide monthly reports on the status of major donors and potential leads
- Oversee prospect management through identification and research.
- Grow the number of donors and gift sizes.
- Increase the number of BC, and MC members.
- Increase awareness of the BC’s and MC’s perks.
2. RECOGNITION: Supports fundraising strategies and activities to ensure proper acknowledgement, recognition, and stewardship of donors; participates in writing and developing campaign materials, drafting case statements, and brochures.
- Oversee timely recognition cards of donors
- Oversee solicitation mailers of $250 and up (twice a year)
- Writing and proof reading donor correspondence
GOAL: Ensure an appropriate system for recognition of all donors
3. SYSTEMS: Builds working relationships and serves as development liaison to other key personnel to provide exceptional development operations support to fundraisers; nurture a culture of philanthropic support by maintaining records and systems to manage the donor data base.
- Maintain reports from field fundraisers and insure proper follow-up and record keeping of high net donors
- Oversee all accounts receivable (pledges) of donors and foundations. Maintain records of outstanding pledges.
GOAL: Ensure and organized system for donor management. Including research, allocation of resources, follow up and reports
4. LEADERSHIP: Provide leadership of Development Operations staff to ensure fundraising activities are properly supported.
- Lead Development Operations to support fundraisers in donor meetings, board meetings, and key prospect interactions.
- Attend and help organize fundraising events and parlors.
- Support PragerU's remote fundraising centers in Texas, Florida, and in the future Arizona.
GOAL: As a key member of the PragerU management team, provide insight and leadership for growth and staff management.
5. TEAMWORK: Participates in special projects and other duties as assigned.
GOAL: Never wait to be told what to do. Be creative, charismatic and take action. Love your work and make it show.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Highly organized
- Strong professional writing skills
- Ability to manage staff and volunteers
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to become proficient in donor management and donor research software.
- Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and appropriate solicitation technique
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to interact with diplomacy and tact amid influential clients and diverse groups
- Ability to maintain relationships with significant and influential individuals
- Ability to adapt and respond to various situations
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
Please send cover letter and resume to AllisonW@prageru.com.