Job Opening: Development Officer
Type: Full time. From the Office. Exempted.
Reports to: CEO and Executive Director
Job Summary: Under administrative direction, identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards donors; serves as development liaison; supports fundraising special projects, development initiatives, and goal setting.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
1. GROWTH: Identifies, cultivates, and solicits philanthropic support by developing and maintaining relationships with assigned prospects; manages special projects; carries out fundraising priorities in the unit.
- Fully manage PragerUnited- recurring donors of $35 and up.
- Provide monthly reports on the status of PragerUnited
- Oversee The Benefactors Club $5000+ annual gifts
- Provide monthly reports on the status of Benefactors Club
- Grow the number of donors and gift sizes.
- Increase the number of BC members.
- Increase awareness of the BC’s perks.
2. RECOGNITION: Supports fundraising strategies and methods or activities to ensure proper acknowledgement, recognition, and stewardship of donors; participates in developing campaign materials, case statements, and brochures; works in collaboration to prepare reports and prospect research materials.
- Oversee recognition cards of donors $50 and up
- Oversee solicitation mailers of $250 and up (twice a year)
GOAL: Ensure an appropriate system for recognition of all donors
3. SYSTEMS: Builds working relationships and serves as development liaison to other key personnel to achieve successful fundraising; nurture a culture of philanthropic support by maintaining records and systems to manage the donor data base.
- Maintain reports from field fundraisers and insure proper follow-up and record keeping of high net donors
- Oversee all accounts receivable (pledges) of donors and foundations. Maintain records of outstanding pledges.
GOAL: Ensure and organized system for donor management. Including research, allocation of resources, follow up and reports
4. LEADERSHIP: Participates in professional development organizations, committees, boards, and meetings; travels locally, and out-of-town as necessary; prepares call reports in a timely manner.
- Meet with local donors (approx. once a week)
- Arrange for meetings with the CEO and President of PragerU for potential donors and donors $10k and up.
- Attend and help organize fundraising events and parlors.
GOAL: As a key member of the PragerU Executive team. Provide insight and leadership for growth and staff management.
5. TEAMWORK: Participates in special projects and other duties as assigned.
GOAL: Never wait to be told what to do. Be creative, charismatic and take action. Love your work and make it show.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and appropriate solicitation technique
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
- Strong verbal and professional written communication skills
- Marketing and presentation skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to interact with diplomacy and tact amid influential clients and diverse groups
- Ability to maintain relationships with significant and influential individuals
- Ability to solicit gifts
- Ability to adapt and respond to various situations
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Ability to manage staff and volunteers
Education and experience equivalent to:
Bachelor's degree; supplemented with three (3) years of related experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.